Tuesday 7 February 2012

Roach 'over the moon' about TV role

Roach 'over the moon' about TV role
 
Ukweli Roach still can't believe he was cast in Eternal Law
Eternal Law actor Ukweli Roach has admitted being cast in the show still feels "a bit surreal".
The rising star got his big break when he was cast as angelic lawyer Tom shortly after drama school but confessed he is still getting used to it.
He said: "Obviously, I feel like any young actor would feel at this point - I was over the moon when I got the part. It's a brilliant opportunity for me.
"To this day, it feels a bit surreal. I feel like I'm going to wake up and think it was a dream. It's brilliant. Nothing can prepare you for it."
Ukweli has picked up lots of tips from his co-stars, who include Orla Brady and Samuel West.
"More than anything, I've learnt by watching people, how they operate around the camera while doing a scene," he said. "Or sometimes when they're doing a scene, I just watch and see little things that might be useful to me."
Ukweli was previously in StreetDance 3D but said he thinks of himself as an actor rather than a dancer.
He said: "Dancing was always a hobby for me - acting was always what I wanted to do. I happened to fall into professional work with dancing first, I liked doing it and happened to be quite good at it. It's something that will always be fun to me, and I'd rather keep it that way."

:: Ukweli Roach stars in the final episode of Eternal Law on Thursday, February 9, on ITV1 at 9pm.
Copyright © 2012 The Press Association. All rights reserved.

Google News

No comments:

Post a Comment